Tivissa: barranc de la Foix
Ideal for those making first contact with a via ferrata. Near the village it is traced a dry ravine with four large flights of stairs and chain. Great views of the Montsant and the Ebro valley.
It is ranked as easy, even if at some point it tests our flexibility, and never suffer from vertigo too.
Notice that the approach to it is very short: just 10 minutes. There is the possibility of ending in a rappel about 20 meters if you wish; just let us know.
We note that despite the proximity to village, the path goes along a ravine full of vegetation that gives us a strong sense of isolation from the outside world since running (the decline too) on the north face of the mountain in Tivissa.
It’s equipped in the right measure, so that sometimes we take the help of the rock like climbing. Os worth much grief, reserve the snack for when we get up, since quite amazing views out of the narrowness of the gorge; We can admire the Ebro basin passing through Mora d’Ebre or the mountains of Montsant and Llaberia and of course, the charming village of Tivissa.
And if you stay with desire, no problem, since there is the possibility of another ferrata in the same Tivissa, more difficult and shorter. More information Tormo de la Margarida.
In fact, Tivissa is a good choice of activity since we have 2 closer ferratas so that you can get more of the day.
Likewise, our guides inform you on what to visit in the area cultural, gastronomic, sports, nature, wine level …
- Duration : About 2 hours with approach and return
- Length equipped : 580 meters
- Total elevation : 165 meters
- Overall length : 4’1 kilómeters
- Difficulty : k2
- Rappel : It’s an option if you ask for previously.
- Nearest ferrata: Tormo de la Margarida (15′)
- 2 to 4 people: 30 €
- Check here for prices on larger groups.
- Initial briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Helmet, harness and dissipative tapes;
- Expert guides accompanying along the tour.
- We will send you, your best pictures.
- Accident insurance.