Via Ferrata maybe for those more experienced. Short but intense ferrata. Located on the first mountain behind the village of Tivissa (Tarragona). It allows strong emotions in full contact with the rock.
Actually, a well-designed way, since in a very short section with the right number of steps, we find an environmentally friendly ferrata and that some steps will test your agility. Not so much for its height, but because of its location so close to the village of Tivissa. Tormo de la Margarida is one of the best viewpoints in the region and the profiles of the Montsant (Priorato) and Llaberia. Lenght of 210 meters that exceeds 85 m height.
The physical difficulty is low, but the technique is medium or high. It takes about 1 hour or more, in which 10′ correspond to approximation, 30′ or 40 ‘of ferrata and a return path 20′ approx.
Short via, but intense due to the vertical length in a short time and because just at the end you can decide to finish in an easy lateral smooth stone or maybe in an difficult overhang where you will be able to show your skills.
Advisable to do it during the afternoon in order to watch the sunset from Tivissa. Then you just have to walk on the mountain ridge and take the way back with no difficulties.
- Duratión : About 1h 20′ with approach and return
- Length equipped : 200 meters
- Total elevation : 80 meters
- Overall length : 1’5 kilómeters
- Difficulty : k3
- Rappel : No.
- Ferrata nearest : Barranc de la Foig (15′)
- From 2 to 4 people : 28 €
- From 5 to 10 people : 26 €
- From 11 to 16 people. : 23 €
- Special pack Foig + Margarida: 45 €, 42 € and 31 € respect.
- Important discounts for groups from 17 people on.
- Initial briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Helmet, harness and dissipative tapes;
- Expert guides accompanying along the tour.
- Accident insurance.