Calm Ebro islands by kayac
A wonderful Ebro, calm and truly amazing. Beyond the narrow gorge of the “Pas de l’Ase”, the Ebro river basin is now entering Mora and widens forming islands like Galatxo and Subarreig: two true treasures that we enjoy from our canoe or kayac.
In fact, this is one of the canoeing routes along the Ebro, more recommended from Rogles in spite of the 2 villages (starting and arrival points are not well-known)
It includes the best you can find on the river Ebro: the calm of a giant river rocking you down with the current but the strenght of the Ebro, that puts you on alert, the best islands that now can be navigated by canoe in the Catalan Ebro: the Subarreig and the Galatxo Island.
Also worthy the 4 locations on this route. The fact that Móra d’Ebre and Móra la Nova are located in the middle of our way, so it is great to stop for a drink and then go on the river down as a cruise by canoe.
For nature lovers will be important to paddle in silence, as we see different species of birds. Furthermore, the riparian forest vegetation appears majestically contrasts with olive trees, almond or white pines beyond the river Ebro.
If you chose this route with a guide, you sure hear from the Spanish Civil War and its bloody Battle of the Ebro, also dates back to the time of the Templars and even the Iberians as first settlers. In all these times, the river where you are paddling, played an important role.
If you want to lodge in this area, just ask us to help you especially in the case you are at the Ebro Descent in stages
2h to 2h 30′ depending on the pace and the river flow.
The best from our canoe:
- Village of Garcia. It has a restored ferryboat to cross the Ebro.
- Mouth of the river Siurana, leafy area.
- Railway bridge and newly formed islets, fun areas to go kayaking.
- Subarreig spectacular island with its long channel that transports us to another world.
- Mora la Nova beach and Mora d’Ebre’s dock. Ideal for a stop or a visit.
- Remains of the Moorish castle (XII) and the historic arched bridge in Mora d’Ebre, rebuilt after the Battle of the river Ebro.
- Historic arched bridge in Móra d’Ebre, reconstructed after the Spanish Civil War.
- Galatxo Island. Good for birdwatching and to see fishes due to the shallowness of this place.
- Xano Island: Not always we will be able to come in, but the shore is fully green wooded.
- Lo Molló. At the foot of the Tivissa hill, we will appreciate the most important iberic settlement in the Ebro: “Lo castellet de Banyoles”. We will see what it was a natural harbour for iberics.
- Villages of Ginestar and Benissanet in boths shores of the river. Known for the sweet fruits (peaches, cherries…)
- Adults: 25 € Low season and non-guided tour : 20 €
- Children under 14 y.o: 20 €; Low season and non-guided tour: 15 €
- Children under 8 y.o for free;
- High Season (15 jun to 15 sept). Low (16 sept to 14 jun)
- Great discounts for 10 people groups or bigger.
- Briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Choice of single kayaks , double, triple or quadruple if you have children.
- Vests and paddles.
- Graduate and expert guides accompanying throughout the route.
- Transportation back to the starting point .
- Insurance and permits to operate.
- And an amazing experience suitable for all