Miravet to Benifallet by canoe
The best landscape by kayak
This one, together with the tour from Móra to Miravet, are the most touristic sections. And there are several reasons for it…
Actually seeing the river Ebro from the viewpoints at the C-12 road is where many people decide that the Ebro river can not be just a simple landscape but navigate on it. From there, we are impressed to see the river down there and on the other hand, once on the water we get impressed on the Besaculs and Penjats Rocks. If we have not planned to take the camera with us, regret.
Our tour begins in the Meander of Miravet and has no technical complication, it becomes very pleasant and enjoyable, especially if the flow rate is high enough, since you will not need to paddle so much. Ideal to carry it in times of high flow or in the morning, because of the afternoon winds.
We emphasize the pleasant surprises of visiting and get into the remains of an Arab mill inside the Ebro or the islands of “Cateura” and “Nap” before reaching the landmark bridge Llaguter.
Our guides will explain the history of llaguts and “Camí de Sirga” on the banks of the Ebro. If you want a nice photo that includes the Templar Castle Miravet at the background, no other like you do on this tour from the water.
2h30′ to 3h depending on the pace and the river flow.
The best from our canoe:
- Tamarigar Island. True biotope full of different species of tamarisk.
- Unique views of the Templar Castle Miravet and old town with its hanging houses.
- Old Arab mill and remains of an old dam.
- Penyagats Beach: Halfway through this route, it’s a good place to take a bath or eat something if you had well planned.
- Roca dels Penjats (“of the hanged”) where in the Middle Ages were hung criminals, to chasten sailors.
- Cateura Island: Plenty of oranges. It is a stretch where the current acrecenta.
- Llaguter Bridge. Spectacular bridge over the Ebro finally improved North-South communications Ebro.
- Benifallet village and beautiful views of the Mountains of Ports.
- Adults: 25 €; Low season and non-guided tour: 20 €
- Children under 14 y.o: 20 €; Low season and non-guided tour: 15 €
- Children under 8 y.o always for free;
- High Season (15 june to 15 sept.).Low (16 sept to 14 june)
- Great discounts from 10 people groups or larger.
- Briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Choice of single canoes, doubles, triple or even quadruple if you have kids.
- Vests and paddles.
- Expert guides accompanying throughout the route
- Transportation back to the starting point
- Insurance and permits to operate in the river.
- And an amazing experience suitable for all