Montblanc: Feixa del Colom
Montblanc‘s ferrata is always surprising in spite of the experience in ferratas you haveThis is due to the original travel along the rock in a “4” shape and also the fact of being able to sighten Pyrinees and Tarragona fields at the same time, makes it peculiar.
Certainly, in a clear day, you are able to see both the Pyrinees and Tarragona‘s county and of course the sea.
Sited in Montblanc, Tarragone, with just a 30m vertical drop, it has a medium difficulty ferrata. This catalogation is due to the vertical sensation and the materials used in are in a very good conditions. Also, the steps are quite affordable.
The length of the ferrata is about 1 hour. The aproximation can be made from Espluga de Francolí or from Montblanc. In both cases, it takes also about one hour; coming back just 50 minutes. This long aproximation walk, goes up less than 150 meters if you start in the little church “ermita de la Santíssima Trinitat”, and you will enjoy a great landscape.
When reaching the old church of Sant Joan, you can cross trought it. Built in XIV c and rebuilt in XVIII c.
The main complication in this ferrata, but also its main atractive is going up, going down and flanking. It is due to the original track in “4” shape.
In fact, it is not a difficult ferrata, but the perception changes and psychologically you see everything a little bit different.
If we count every change of direction, you will have 7 different stretchs to spend a amazing morning and get great pictures from the Tarragone county below us.
Before booking, just ask where the meeting point is.
- Duratión : About 2 h 45′ with approach and return
- Length equipped : 400 meters
- Total elevation : 370 meters
- Overall length : 7’5 kilómeters
- Difficulty : k2
- Rappel : No
- Ferrata nearest : Les Venes. Rojals
- 2 people : 35 €
- From 3 to 4 people : 30 €
- From 5 to 10 people : 26 €
- From 11 to 16 people. : 23 €
- Important discounts for groups from 17 people on.
- Initial briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Helmet, harness and dissipative tapes;
- Expert guides accompanying along the tour.
- Accident insurance.