Canoeing at 5 islands tour
Very funny kayaking tour where we will spend time very fast. There are several spots on the river with different current speed; different islands and stop points, but especially the great contrast between the calm of the river -shaded by riparian vegetation- with the arrival at what it seems a big city: Tortosa, from our kayak standing.
You won’t imagine that this south Ebro could be so entertaining, especially if we know the sections of Benifallet. In fact, when we organized the kayak-orienteering (fun activity to find markers hidden in the river), we usually use this stretch.
After departure, we cross in front Masos island and also we visit Xiquina or Audi Islands, large nature reserves and vegetation and are protected natural areas in the river Ebro.
An interesting fact in this stretch is possible to stop in different villages or “explore” islands and transform a 2 hours tour in pretty more.
So we pass Aldover, Bítem and Jesus, but not until the arrival in Tortosa (we stop at the rowing club jetty) which you don’t realise of the surprising contrast to the quiet hours we have had, with the usual bustle of a city like Tortosa.
Estimated length: 2h to 2h30′ depending on the pace and the river flow.
The best from our canoe:
- Masos Island; Flat island
- Aldover: amazing football field almost at water level. Nice shady spot to rest.
- Village of Bítem. A 1.5 km from the Ebro. Surrounded by fruit.
- Audí Island. Very large and spectacular from our kayak or canoe.
- Xiquina Island. Resting place of variety of birds and emblematic Tortosa island.
- Spectacular arrival to the city of Tortosa under the bridges.
- Adults: 30 €;
- Non-guided tour in low season: 25 €
- Children under 14 y.o: 20 €;
- Non-guided tour in low season: 15 €
- Children under 8 y.o always 5 €;
- High Season:
- 15 jun to 15 sept. Easter and holidays.
- Great discounts for groups of more than 10 people
- Briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Choice of single kayaks , double, triple or quadruple if you have children.
- Waterproof bin. Vests and paddles. Map for non-guided tours.
- Graduate and expert guides accompanying throughout the route.
- Transportation back to the starting point .
- Insurance and permits to operate.
- And an amazing experience suitable for all