Paddling between the Ebro main towns
We find a calm Ebro, at a stage where we need a physically fit to be comfortable in the kayak. There are other sections of landscape better and more current, but the navigation between the Catalan Ebro capitals has a symbolic point …
If you are not doing the Ebro Descent Catalan staged (“Pales de Sirga“) or similar feat, We hardly recommend this route because of its proximity to “civilization,” yet it has elements worth noting, such as the great arrival in Amposta with its restored Suspension Bridge.
In fact, we highlight just another bridge out of 4 that we spend on this day by kayaking: the Millennium, evokes, with its name, the long history of Tortosa. As a historical element we find, even though now it is no longer visible from the Ebro river because of the lush vegetation, the Carrova, are the remains of medieval towers guarding the entrance of the Ebro.
Actually, with average flows, the river Ebro ostensibly lost the strength of water from Miravet, so that the length of the stage, basically depend on our physical.
2h30 a 3h 15′ dependiendo sobretodo del ritmo ya que la corriente aquí ya casi no se percibe.
The best from our canoe:
- Bous island. Protected natural area. Better choose the narrow bayou.
- Pass under the train bridges and the highway that dwarf our kayak.
- Amposta symbol: Suspension Bridge linking the city with the people of L’Aldea.
- Jetty and city of Amposta.
- Adults: 25 € Low season and non-guided tour : 20 €
- Children under 14 y.o: 20 €; Low season and non-guided tour: 15 €
- Children under 8 y.o for free;
- High Season: 15 jun to 15 sept. Low: 16 sept to 14 june
- Great discounts from 10 people or larger groups.
- Briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Choice of single kayaks , double, triple or quadruple if you have children.
- Vests and paddles.
- Graduate and expert guides accompanying throughout the route.
- Transportation back to the starting point .
- Insurance and permits to operate.
- And an amazing experience suitable for all