Best via ferrata in Catalonia?
It is, at least, the best via ferrata in southern Catalonia. It is very varied and long. Although in Rogles we ask you for some previous experience to do it, since it is level k4 (out of 6). In fact it is not too demanding but it has a collapse and several nepalese bridges and it is not the ideal ferrata for beginners.
Specifically, there are 4 bridges to overcome and an equipped pillar that we can rappel. The first part of the ferrata rises immediately and the star pass is a collapsed flank of about 6 meters. The natural environment is amazing and in the second part you reach a wonderful large patio.
Crossing the 28 and 22 meter long bridges the sensations are powerful.
One of its strong points is that both the approach and the return are not excessively long.
It is located near the village of Vilaplana (Tarragona), very close to the heart of the Sierra de Prades.
An truly unforgettable experience. It is the final ferrata that we include in our ferrata course in case you want to start.
- Duration: Just under 3 hours in total.
- Total difference in altitude: 200 meters.
- Total length: 1.6 kilometers
- Difficulty: k3 – k4
- Rappel: Optional.
- Nearest Ferrata: Feixa del Colom (Montblanc)
- 2 to 4 people: 35 €
- From 5 to 6 people: 32 €
- From 7 to 14 people: 34 €
- Initial briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Helmet, harness and dissipative tapes;
- Expert guides accompanying along the tour.
- Photo report.
- Accident insurance.